I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Battery Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmkkk0406 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Battery Issues

I have a 06 Civic Si and just had to put another new battery in my car. Counting the factory battery this is the 3rd new battery its had. So my batteries are lasting an average of 2 1/2 years. The 2nd battery was an Optima yellow and only lasted 2 years and I chose the same battery again because it was warrantied. I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their car going through batteries rather quick?
Old 07-23-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Battery Issues

well after reading your post, yeah i understand why. the group51 yellowtops were a failure and barely lasted 2 yrs (mine hardly made it over a year before it wouldnt start the car). optima finally decided to pull that size due to overwhelming complaints and problems. they said that the size was too small to make a working optima out of. just go back to a honda battery (interstate) and you should be fine. there is no reason to burn thru batteries unless they are defective or you are driving very short distances all the time.
Old 07-24-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

^what gear said, and get your alternator tested.
Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bowers is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i have a 2007 civic si and my battery is totally dead after two days of being parked. when i remove the back up fuse under the hood it solves this problem, has anyone else ran into this problem. the car had a remote start installed and i removed it and the problem is still there. it has aftermarket headlights and taillights and stock sound system. any help to point me in the right direction at this time would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-28-2011
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bowers
hi, i have a 2007 civic si and my battery is totally dead after two days of being parked. when i remove the back up fuse under the hood it solves this problem, has anyone else ran into this problem. the car had a remote start installed and i removed it and the problem is still there. it has aftermarket headlights and taillights and stock sound system. any help to point me in the right direction at this time would be greatly appreciated.
Does it still have the original battery? That might be the first suspect.

I can't really tell you what to do with it, I have no idea what your abilities are or what tools you have at your disposal.

I would measure the drain using an ammeter (preferably a low range inductive ammeter that can measure milliamps, but a DVOM with an ammeter may work) and troubleshoot it with a wiring diagram, and some reason and logic.

15-30mA is a normal draw, more than 50mA is too much. Remember it may take up to 10-20 minutes for some control units to go to "sleep" before you can measure current draw accurately.

Here is the stuff that uses the backup fuse (Underhood box, Fuse #23, 10 Amp): Audio unit, DLC (data link connector), Gauge control module, Immobilizer, Keyless, MICU, Navi.

Water in the wiring does some amazing things too.

Don't know if that will help you, but there ya go. Hope it helps.