I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

iPod No Longer Charging with Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wolftab is an unknown quantity at this point
iPod No Longer Charging with Honda Civic EX

Hi all,
I am not sure what generation I am exactly, but I have a 2010 EX and have been very happy with it, especially listening to my ipod, and how it would charge with being connected, but the past couple of weeks, the USB connection with my iPod has stopped charging and I notice my ipod is drained of power. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-18-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: iPod No Longer Charging with Honda Civic EX

Is your iPod working fine ? Usually it stops working because it's frozen, so just hold the MENU and Center button together until it restarts, sometimes you gotta just keep doing it until you see the Apple logo.

If it's perfectly fine and not being recognized, usually it works when you unplug everything and plug it back .

Oh...and sometimes it works if you plug the ipod into a computer, and then it'll work fine again ...

ipods are weirrd .
Old 05-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Wow! iSharix, you did not beat him! :P
Yours is a 8th gen, so you on wrong forum Did you not wonder why there are no posts or only moved posts?
Old 05-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did you upgrade the ipod firmware when connected to the computer? if yes, thats the problem. try to go back to older version.
Old 05-18-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Wow! iSharix, you did not beat him! :P
Yours is a 8th gen, so you on wrong forum Did you not wonder why there are no posts or only moved posts?
It was 18 hours ago ...so around 3am .. cut me some slack, I realized they posted in the wrong forum when I was at school this morning, lol .

Originally Posted by gearbox
did you upgrade the ipod firmware when connected to the computer? if yes, thats the problem. try to go back to older version.
That shouldn't be an issue, should it?
I have a 2nd and 3rd gen iPod Nano, the 3rd gen is constantly connected to my laptop and is up to date, still works perfectly fine for my 2009 Civic.
The 2nd gen, however acts up once in awhile, but unplugging it or restarting it will make it work perfectly fine again.
Old 05-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive seen many problems caused by a firmware upgrade. its the only thing that changes and would cause an issue with the ipod connection like charging. the problem with apple is it releases so many different products and updates for those products that if the honda interface was made 5 yrs ago for an older model, it may not work on a newer version. same goes for older "matched" firmware working and newer unmatched firmware causing issues.
Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

wolftab is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for the info. Sorry, I am unfamiliar with the generations concept. As for my ipod. It charges fine on my computer. And it will play when fully charged in the car but obviously, when the battery is drained it doesn't. I haven't noticed any firmware upgrade, but as noted, a ton of updates to the software. I'll see f I can try to go back to an update about a month ago.

Cheers,
Tom