I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2000 Honda Civic lost radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lizsmcg is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Honda Civic lost radio reception

Recently lost all radio reception in my 2000 Honda Civic. I have not had any work done, radio is original stock radio (with a changer that was installed about 9 years ago), no tinted windows or other work recently done.

I just started up the car one day and my radio reception was gone. I have noticed that there is a spot on the ignition (the II setting) before the engine starts where the radio comes in perfectly for a split second before the engine starts and I lose it again. This leads me to think it is an electrical or fuse problem, rather than the antenna.... Any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
floyd107 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2000 Honda Civic lost radio reception

by any chance is your antenia electric because your ignition may be going bad and not allowing power to go to your antenia to receve your stations. and that may be why you get receptin for a split second because you catch power for split second and you loose connection due to a bad ignition