I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Stereo power cable route

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crewshin is an unknown quantity at this point
Stereo power cable route

Hey guys, I have a simple question. I just picked up a 2010 civic and barely know anything about it yet.

I'm installing an amp in my trunk and need to run a power cable from the battery. Does anyone have a recommendation for which path is best to run the cable?

Maybe through the firewall, under the carpet along the sides and into the trunk? And if so where is the best way to get through the firewall without drilling holes? This is how I would like to do it, but I can't see anywhere easy to get through it.

Or what about dropping straight down through the engine compartment and running it along the bottom of the car ziptie'ing it up? Hmm... then how would I get it into the trunk?

Also, what is the best/easiest wire to use with a stock stereo for remote? Can I use something that doesn't require me to pull the dash apart?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigaudiofanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stereo power cable route

Look for a grommet sometimes they will be blank but I ran mine in a 03 honda civic threw one that had stuff already in it. Just look for one close to the carpet and that has space.
Old 07-19-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stereo power cable route

I went through the firewall on the passenger side using an existing grommet, under the passenger side doorsill, behind the rear passenger side plastic piece, and that feeds right to the trunk

as for your remote wire, just find a +12V wire that is hot when the key is in the accessory position

Name:  SDC10110.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  45.3 KB
I was standing just forward of the battery looking down into the engine bay for this shot. The grey shiny piece at the top left of the picture is my intake, for reference.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.