I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1lamecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
speaker help

I have a 09 civic i bought aftermarket speakers and i want to wire them in but i dont know which wires are positive and negetive color wise in the front and the back.
-thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: speaker help

i just ran into a similar issue with our accord. i tried it both ways and couldnt tell a difference. on my older car tho, the bass would be really weak when they were hooked up wrong. so maybe some cars it wont matter. you can always buy converter harness for each speaker which basically plugs into the factory harness and then to the new speakers. they only plug in one way so you cant mess up.
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Try out http://www.the12volt.com/ might have a wiring diagram for your car.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sodaCAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, correct me if i'm wrong, but the +/- wires just control which way the magnet hits. So, gearbox, if your bass seemed weak, then it was hitting harder towards the outside of the car. Its very noticeable with a subwoofer, if you face it away, then towards the front, you can tell a huge difference. So if the bass does seem weaker then before, reverse the cords and play a song with hard bass. Trial and error with speakers is something ive had to do way to many times =[ I tend to ruin things because i always want to upgrade or change something.
Old 10-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

what!? Anyway it matters which way its wired, if you can look at the speaker you can probably tell if its wired correctly because the speaker would not be bumping inwards.
Old 10-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i couldnt tell when i tried both ways. it moved so fast it looked the same to me lol.