I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

civic 2009, day/night running light

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nvram867 is an unknown quantity at this point
civic 2009, day/night running light

hello everyone, i just bought new civic lx giving away to my daughter 2000 corolla. i like the new honda, i think it is better then current corolla except one thing, the daylight running lights that automatically becomes full night head/tail lights when darkens comes. yes, i know honda has DRL but you still have to manual switch them on/off in the eve or dusk. so my question here would be, is it possible to alter wiring in a way to provide same function as in corolla, headlight at day, all lights at night and all goes on/off with the motor on/off...i searched the forum, internet, but so for can't find solution. anyone?
Old 08-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: civic 2009, day/night running light

it will not be easy. most cars use a photo-sensor to turn the headlights on at night. they sell them somewhere, but you would need to figure out how to mount it and hook it up. prolly more work that its worth.
Old 08-16-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

so there's no headlight switch? if there is, most new cars have off, park, on, auto. if the switch is in auto, it behaves the way you describe. you can still manually switch it though with off/on.
Old 08-16-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

There is still a standard switch for the headlights on the Toyotas. It is supposed to be a GM based system for the auto headlights ("Twilight Sentinal")

The Camry's have a setting on the headlight switch to turn the DRL's off and I think it will also disable the auto headlights.

Some Acuras have the auto headlight system... A retrofit would be a challenge.
Old 08-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nvram867 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys, yes i did more reading over the weekend and looks like this is not something easily done. yes, toyota's has this light sensor that i would need to put in if i really wanted that future, what may be on option. oh well, for now need to remember to switch on/off with my hands,. -