I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Honda civic 2006 coupe..bypass lighter to stay on

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rock88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda civic 2006 coupe..bypass lighter to stay on

Hi there ,

I have a 2006 honda civic coupe ..i have 2 power outlets in the car a cigerette lighter and one middle compartment.

it seems these are only able to use when the car is turned on ...
i want to know if these could be bypassed as I want to able to use these when the car is turned off..

I know alot of cars can do this..any ideas would be appreciated.thanks
Old 05-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda civic 2006 coupe..bypass lighter to stay on

well its gonna require some rewiring. mainly running a wire from the + battery (with the proper fuse ofcourse) to the socket's power wire and splice it in. i think the stock wire is only 16 gauge, so you could use that and maybe an 8 or 10 amp fuse.
Old 05-21-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

You will also want to isolate the factory connection to prevent the constant voltage from feeding back to other items.
Old 12-17-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rjmlakota is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CraigW
You will also want to isolate the factory connection to prevent the constant voltage from feeding back to other items.
How is this done?

Thanks,

RJ
Old 12-17-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^^ You will need to cut the wire going to the center lead of the outlet (leave some wire remaining on the outlet so you have something to work with when doing the new source connection) Also fold the cut end of the factory wire over and tape it with electrical tape to isolate from shorting to ground.

You should also fuse near the source connection of the new constant 12volt source with an inline fuse holder.