I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Stereo/Radio system problem..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Stereo/Radio system problem..

Car: Honda Civic Coupe 2007
Radio/Stereo system: stock

Problem: When i turn it on, it asks for the code. Yes i went to the local Honda Dealer and got the code and asked them this question but they didnt help at all. But the code doesnt work, and yes i disconnected the battery before doing that and stuff... When i press Power+1+6 it shows me the serial number. While im doing that, i can press 3,5, or 4 and it shows some different stuff, but when i press 2 once it shows (NO XM UNIT), when i press 2 twice, the radio turns on and works normally, but it only works for about 4 minutes and it shuts off and i have to follow the same procedure. Can anyone help me out..?
Old 10-26-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stereo/Radio system problem..

well you need to have the correct code to unlock it obviously. give them the serial number at parts dept and tell them to look it up. it isnt that hard for them to do.
Old 10-26-2008
Registered!!

well according to the Honda Dealer, they gave me the right code because they went and got the serial number from my stereo system and searched it up on the computer..
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

can anyone help me out?
Old 10-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

isnt this under warranty? take it back and make em fix it. if the code wont work, maybe the whole deck needs to be replaced.
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

im not sure if its under warranty, because the car is from another state and its salvage title and was crashed, and now fixed.. there was no damage wat so ever to the dash or the radio/stereo system..My only guess would be to try and call the original dealership where the car was originally bought..?