I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

LED's for brake and rear signal lights *OEM lamps*

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
LED's for brake and rear signal lights *OEM lamps*

has anyone tried LED lights in replacement of their standard halogen bulb for either their rear turn signals or rear brake lights? I want to try the rear turn signals on my 2dr but skeptical on the rear brake light part (could mess up the horse shoe pattern?). I've seen 18+ LED bulbs that light every angle shown here:

any pics will help a lot
Old 08-09-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LED's for brake and rear signal lights *OEM lamps*

sorry man, ive tried a few and they are nowhere near as bright as the filament bulb signal and brake. led pnp bulbs are great as parking lights and right now thats all you can hope for. even the 3w hi power bulbs are very dim and unsafe.
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about

It was expected. How about red bulbs in the brake light for a deeper red color? amber/yellow bulbs on the front signals for a more "brighter" output?
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

lissen to gearbox dude. he knows his ****!

i too tried LED tails and there no where near as bright.

and as for collored bulbs u will ALLWAYS get more Lumens (amout of light output) on a clear bulb filtered by X collor lens than a X collored bulb geting filtered by X collored lens.

go with DEPO led taillights for ex or stay with lightbulbs is the bottom line
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

i have leds for the license plate thats pretty much the only spot for the exterior maybe the parking light. light output is whiter with a faint bluish hue but not brighter
Old 11-23-2008
Registered!!

lakerecrider is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced my taillights with LED style and they are wayy brighter, then I wanted to change out the rear reverse lights and those are not as bright in the LED but they still work great. I added some extra lighting called lumaflex in white and that REALLY helped when hitting reverse. I can see everything now and I'm using LEDs so its a good fix.