I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

New speakers for 2007 Honda Civic EX-Nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kvanderslice is an unknown quantity at this point
New speakers for 2007 Honda Civic EX-Nav

Greetings!

I've had my Civic for about a year now, and I've managed to "blow out" or damage one of the front speakers - I like to listen to my music loud (well, about as loud as the factory installed speakers go) and I am in now way a real "audiophile", I just like having good sounding tunes playing wherever I am. Bass and such doesn't really bother me, or the sound quality of the speakers, etc, I'm just looking for advice on what to replace the speakers in my car with, preferably ones on a budget, but sound good and won't blow out if I listen to my music loud again

I'm a network technician by trade, and I'm not too afraid of wiring and such, I was curious as to what might entail replacing the front door and back speakers - how much this might run me, and if I'm better off getting someone to do it for me. I'd also like to know if there is any additional equipment I might need to do such a job.

Thanks in advance, I love my civic
Old 03-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New speakers for 2007 Honda Civic EX-Nav

Well, to do the job the door panels would need to be removed. Not extremely difficult.

Depending on your area, rates for labor on that might be around $40 /pair.

I would recommend speakers with more power handling than stock (shouldn't be a problem) and ones that sound good to you.