I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

car alarm help

Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unplugged is an unknown quantity at this point
car alarm help

I have an '08 civic Si and i'm wiring a Viper 5900 alarm. So far I wired the door triggers and door locks/unlock, OEM horn, Viper Siren, status LED, vallet switch, remote start satellite unit box, ignition wires, and ground wires.

Right now i'm trying to find the factory alarm wires, it says its Brown and Orange. I tried looking behind the MICU and tested a few of the wires when arming/disarming the system and did not read any changes in voltages.

If you can supply a picture possibly and circle the wiring for me, that would be great. Otherwise just tell me which harness/plug to look for because the sheet I got says its a 34 pin plug, and I cannot find that plug with those two wires next to each other.

The other wire i'm trying to find is the hood pin, trunk pin, and trunk release. I also don't know where on the alarm brain the trunk release wire would go to as it doesn't really specify. Do I just use an aux input like channel 5 or 6?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by unplugged; 11-15-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: car alarm help

Picture of the arm/disarm wires is attached. When you're testing these wires it is very important to test from the driver key cylinder. You'll want to close the doors, and actually turn the key in the driver door cylinder from lock back to unlock. If you just use the remote, nothing happens on these wires.

For trunk pop use the red/white channel 2 output on the main brain harness. You press and hold the AUX button for 1.5s on the remote to activate it. It's a negative output so you'll need a relay to convert it to a positive. The wire in the car is green, either in the driver kick or in the fuse box (top 42 pin plug).

Trunk pin is blue (-) also in the driver kick or the top 42 pin plug at the fusebox.
Hood pin is light blue (-) at the pin switch underhood or the middle 21 pin plug at the fusebox.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic alarm pics.jpg
Views:	5300
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	73102  
Old 11-19-2007
Registered!!

unplugged is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: car alarm help

Thanks for your help. I was able to at least connect the factory arm/disarm wires.

As for the door locks, I found a different plug to tap them from, and both driver/passenger work.

I still have to find the trunk wires as i'm not getting any readings on the meter when doing anything. Maybe I still have the wrong wires?

Last one would be to wire up the domelight.