I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Which In-dash Navi for 06 SI ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oris98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Which In-dash Navi for 06 SI ?

Hi,

I am planning to get the aftermarket in-dash NAVI for my 06 SI. Which brand and model should I be considered ? I would like it to be easy to use, Voice commend (Text to speach) would be preferred since most of the time my eyes will stay on the road. Not sure 6.5" or 7" of screen will fit the dash mounting kit (any suggestion of which aftermarket mounting kit should I use ?) I am not sure if HDD based HU vs DVD based HU is better. I would appreciate if someone can give me some suggestion or share some of your experience will be wonderful. I might consider to install the rear view camera later down the road. So accepting RVC would be useful.

How about the Navi from Honda ? any good ? what are the pros and cons with it comparing with the aftermarket one ?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Which In-dash Navi for 06 SI ?

I have a bigger question. How do you plan on putting it in there? The entire dash is one piece in those cars and I haven't seen an aftermarket install kit for them yet.
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

Scosche HA1561BMB (blue metallic color)
Scosche HA1561DGB (dark atlas grey color)
Scosche HA1561ETB (earth taupe color)

AI HON-K8800 (available in gun metal or graphite black)

Metra 99-7871 (no color choice)

I haven't used any of them yet so I can't speak to final fit and finish. I have seen the scosche piece first hand but haven't installed one yet.
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

MJ4Real is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea the scosche ha1561bmb is in the june edition of Super street. The colors on the kits looks funky but yea they have dash kits.
Old 05-07-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

This one....

Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

dougfresh is an unknown quantity at this point

I just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D1 in an 06 Si this weekend and also wired in a steering wheel control adapter. Works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the Scoche wire harness is wrong they have the power and ground wires backwards in their harness so when you hook it up by the directions it blows fuses!! I had to wire yellow to black and black to yellow.

If you are planning on buying a radio then get one that has a "wired steering wheel control input plug in the back" very important if you wnat to retain steering wheel controls!!
Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

dougfresh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oris98
Hi,

I am planning to get the aftermarket in-dash NAVI for my 06 SI. Which brand and model should I be considered ? I would like it to be easy to use, Voice commend (Text to speach) would be preferred since most of the time my eyes will stay on the road. Not sure 6.5" or 7" of screen will fit the dash mounting kit (any suggestion of which aftermarket mounting kit should I use ?) I am not sure if HDD based HU vs DVD based HU is better. I would appreciate if someone can give me some suggestion or share some of your experience will be wonderful. I might consider to install the rear view camera later down the road. So accepting RVC would be useful.

How about the Navi from Honda ? any good ? what are the pros and cons with it comparing with the aftermarket one ?

Many thanks in advance.

Here are all of the in-dash units avail. that have the input to retain the steering wheel controls and function well in that car:

Pioneer:

Avic-D1 / AVIC-D3 / AVIC-Z1 / AVIC-Z2 / AVIC-N3 / DEH-P9800BT / DEH-P7800MP / DEH-P5900IB / DEH-P6900UB / DEH-P4900IB / DEH-3900MP / DEH-2900MP

Alpine:

IVA-D310 / IVA-W205 / IDA-X001

JVC:

KW-XG500 / KW-XG700 / KW-AVX800 / KD-NX5000 / KD-AVX33 / KD-AVX11

Sony had nothing nice that was compatible!!

as for the dash kit the best one that have seen and installed is the kit from a company called "Best Kits" and the kit they offer is double and single din units!!:

#BKHA1561ETB this one is the Earth Taupe color
#BKHA1561DGB this one is the Dark Atlas Grey

the best kits plug kit:

#BHA1722

ant. adapter:

#BAA2829

the perfect piece for steering wheel buttons:

Peripheral #:

Pioneer / Sony units- #PESWIPS

Eclipse- #PVIRT

Alpine, Kenwood, JVC- #PESWIAKJ

I searched a few site and could not find direct information on Sony, Eclipse and Kenwood.

Hope this Helps!

Last edited by dougfresh; 05-16-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: misspelled word!!