Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

2009 ex Civic, need help with tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
franklin33x is an unknown quantity at this point
2009 ex Civic, need help with tires

So I purchased Michelin Defender tires for my Civic 3 years ago. Recently got an oil change and was told my tires had 'dry rot'. Surprising because I live in New Jersey, nothing too extreme with weather (winter/summer).

I spoke with Michelin and since my tires came with a 90,000 mile warranty they decided to give me a 50% credit towards new tires.

I wanted to get another pair of Defenders because I still liked the tire and think maybe I got unlucky w/ the pair 3 years ago. I was told they're on back order and might not be ready in time.

2nd option was the Primacy MX M4, but those might be a little too expensive for me. Plus the local retailer doesn't have them in stock.

I was told the next best option are the Uniroyal, either the Tiger PAW Touring or the Tiger PAW GTZ.

Can anybody PLEASE recommend a good pair of tires, thanks so much! And Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 ex Civic, need help with tires

Ya, google 'michelin weather cracking problems' (and similar)...there are some complaints about some Michelins that do end up with weather cracking at what seems to be a premature age.

Is it a huge problem? There seem to be arguments both ways, but I suppose it depends on the severity of the issue. Just how bad are/were the tires on your car?

As far as picking out new tires, I'd say go to tirerack.com (and maybe others) and read reviews on your possible tire choices there
Old 12-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
franklin33x is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2009 ex Civic, need help with tires

thank you, much appreciated