Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Rotor/brake pad/caliper suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boofurs is an unknown quantity at this point
Rotor/brake pad/caliper suggestions

Does anyone know of a good combo for a 09 si. so my breaks don't wear out as fast as the stock ones?
Old 04-22-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
re: Rotor/brake pad/caliper suggestions

Get your rotors turned at every change and use ceramics. Use engine braking in the higher gears when possible.
Old 04-22-2016
Registered!!

Boofurs is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently just purchased an 09 si. The rotors have been shot to hell and the dealer just slapped on some breaks to sell the car. I'm not apposed to spending money on replacing the breaking system, since all of the research I've done the breaks seam to be what everyone's griping about it. Curious if anyone has found a good solution or a better break system that has seames to null and void any potential headaches.
Old 04-24-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boofurs
I recently just purchased an 09 si. The rotors have been shot to hell and the dealer just slapped on some breaks to sell the car. I'm not apposed to spending money on replacing the breaking system, since all of the research I've done the breaks seam to be what everyone's griping about it. Curious if anyone has found a good solution or a better break system that has seames to null and void any potential headaches.

Go stock Honda parts, they are safe and will not wear out as fast as upgraded brake parts.

In general People do not upgrade brakes to save money and brake life, they upgrade them for stopping power.

For example if you switch to slotted rotors to add in brake cooling and braking, the slots will cut up your pads much faster.

As well buying cheap parts online is a risk to yourself and others on the road, if you don' know what you are doing/buying please use OEM parts.
Old 05-18-2016
Registered!!

marteam is an unknown quantity at this point

Stoptech rotors + hawk pads is a good combination. Good bite and stopping performance.
Old 06-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

I like my brake performance upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Did this about a year ago so I can't report on the longevity of them. Less dust and seem to stop better. See my post on this project.