Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Hit a light post with my wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aureliocr is an unknown quantity at this point
Hit a light post with my wheel.

So i was backing out of a drive way at night and i very stupidly didnt see a light post, since i didnt expect to hit anything i was startled when i hit the post. I thought i hit the whole front left panel but suprisingly nothing happend, then i figured out the post hit my left wheel since i was steering to the right. I was very relieved until i started driving again and i noticed the car was suddenly misaligned. To go straight i had to drive about 10 degrees to the left. I wasnt doing more than 5-10km when i hit the post. I started searching and found sites that say something probably bent? but there is absolutely no pull when driving at highway speeds.
What do you guys think?
Old 04-19-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hit a light post with my wheel.

Something is causing the steering wheel to be off center.

I would go to an alignment shop and have them take a look or Jack the car up and see what it looks like.