Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

spare tire ok ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roger t is an unknown quantity at this point
spare tire ok ?

I had a flat tire on the front of my 2015 Honda Civic EX. Replaced it with the "doughnut" & drove it to a tire shop (10 miles). When they saw the doughnut on the front, they had a fit ! NEVER install the doughnut on the front, because it will ruin the Xmission. I checked the owner's manual & it agrees with the tire shop, but it states only Honda Civic SI model, so is it ok installed on the front of the Honda Civic EX ?
Thanks,
Roger

Last edited by roger t; 04-17-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: spare tire ok ?

If it is still driving without issue, you shuld be fine.

My guess is that the Si model has an LSD and the two different tire demensions might cause stress on the transmission while it is locked. The base model may or may not have an LSD.

If no LSD then one tire is basically a trailing tire and shouldn't be damaged by tire size variation.

Also for safety having two proper tires up front for grip/braking/steering is safer.
Old 04-17-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It's fine on the front, your car does not have an LSD (limited slip differential)
Old 12-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
franklin33x is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
It's fine on the front, your car does not have an LSD (limited slip differential)
I'm reminded of My Cousin Vinny

Old 12-30-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever fact checked that part of the movie?