Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Brake Caliper Failure

Old 10-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garagenut is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake Caliper Failure

Hello all,

I love to work on my car my self learning as I go along. I replaced my brake pads (front and rear) about 2 years ago. 15,000 miles on the pads. I recently was getting my tires replaced and Honda said my brake fluid needed to be changed (which I bled off when I did brake work and changed) but to the point they said the fluid could not be changed because I failed to do a yearly caliper maintenance so the caliper was froze up. They said all 4 calipers need replacing? (but they are completely safe and operating normal) just cant change fluid?

Can anyone provide some insight to this? I would like to trust my mechanic but this one shot a red flag up for me.

Thank you all for any information you provide.
Old 10-22-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brake Caliper Failure

Maybe they meant the bleeder screws didn't open easily and they didn't want to break any off.

Or maybe they already broke bleeder(s) off and you will need caliper(s) if the fluid EVER needs serviced for any reason.

Look into this.

Yearly? No.
Stuck? It happens.

Search this Thread