Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

'08 civic hybrid brake life

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013
Shade tree mech.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edgonz is an unknown quantity at this point
'08 civic hybrid brake life

How long should I expect the factory brakes (both front and rear) to last approx.?

I keep asking when I take her in to have the wheels rotated but am told that they are still good. presently pushing 90K miles and have replaced tires 2X
Old 01-13-2013
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go-part is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: '08 civic hybrid brake life

There isn't a surefire way to tell when your brakes will need to be replaced, there are too many factors that play a part in how fast your brakes will wear.
Old 01-14-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: '08 civic hybrid brake life

It all depends on how you drive it.

Someone that does exclusively highway driving might have the brakes last well over 100,000 miles.....
While someone that delivers pizza for a living might need brakes every few months.

Rear drum brakes with original shoes will last MUCH longer than the front disc brakes on almost every Honda.

Front brakes on a Hybrid will normally last longer than a non-hybrid solely because of regenerative braking, assuming all else is equal and the driver uses them as intended.

I had a friend that delivered newspapers on a rural route, 250 miles per night, all stop and go, all "one country mile" at a time. He went through a set of brakes every other month (seriously)... He became unwelcome at all the parts stores and chain shops that advertised lifetime brake warranty.

He also went through a few automatic transmissions and ate up suspension parts too. The car had like 400,000 miles on it when he quit the route. 1988 Mazda MX6.