Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

2007 Civic Drive By Wire Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dylan Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2007 Civic Drive By Wire Problem

i just bought this 2007 civic ex. its having a problem i cant seem to figure it out. its in limp home mode. its staying revved at 1200 rpms and wont rev past 3000 rpms. trying to drive its only making 30mph on flat land and only 14mph on hills. feels like its gonna stall at any moment. ive read a few things online and cant find anything to help solve my problem. i checked the drive by wire fuse. (fuse # 21) in the fuse box under the hood. ive been looking for the drive by wire relay but all fsm diagrams say relay #4 which is the very top right relay. it also says that relay controls alot of other things the a/c compressor clutch the blower motor and some other stuff. other places ive read say the relay for drive by wire is in the throttle body motor. is this true? is there no relay in the fuse panel for the electronic throttle control system(etcs).
any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks -Dylan
oh the problem started happening after a mechanic at the carlot was puling out some plug and play HID lights that were installed on the vehicle. then he started messing with fuses and now its in limp mode. any ideas guys?
Old 03-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Civic Drive By Wire Problem

oh the problem started happening after a mechanic at the carlot was puling out some plug and play HID lights that were installed on the vehicle. then he started messing with fuses and now its in limp mode.
Step #1: Return to the person who did this to the car, make them figure out what they did to cause it.

its having a problem i cant seem to figure it out
If you have to do this yourself, figure out what fault codes are stored before attempting anything else.
Write down all information you can get from the scanner.
Erase codes.
Try to drive it until it sets codes again, see what codes came back.
Now you should have some information worth chasing (instead of your tail).
Old 03-07-2017
Registered!!

p1659 is the only code ETCS relay off (malfunction)& Throttle actuator control module relay off.same p1659. the guy who sold the car is clueless. just a waste of time i erase the code and it pops back up 1 second later. its undriveable. ive got a volt/ohm meter and im trying to teach my self how to operate it via youtube videos. ***** confusing. i guess i should have payed more attention in school because i know they talked about this stuff at some point. im testing the relay right now. heres a link i found on the code im getting. im sure the relay is good because all of the other things that run off this same relay are in working condition like the a/c and whatnot. http://arlequinlover.free.fr/Manuel%...659FAAT00.HTML its kinda helpful and it looks like its for my 8th gen civic. sorry if im not providing enough info. i dont know too much about this electronic throttle stuff. electrical stuff period. im thinking it needs a new throttle body or an ECM. let me know what you think please. and thank you for your help.

Last edited by Dylan Baker; 03-07-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: add code information ETCS And TACM Relay OFF
Old 03-07-2017
Registered!!

Old 03-07-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

im sure the relay is good because all of the other things that run off this same relay are in working condition like the a/c and whatnot.
That's not how it works.

Have you replaced the ETCS relay or at least swapped it with a known good relay?
Old 03-07-2017

The relay in location #6 is for ETCS

Just ignore that this pic says CRV, it's the same box.
Old 03-07-2017
Registered!!

there is no relay in that spot on my car. lol could that be the problem? the diagram i saw for the civic looked different. nop i just checked. i read it wrong.
what type of relay goes in that slot? a black omron?
Old 03-07-2017
Registered!!

you the ***** flippin man!!!!!!! SHE LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-07-2017

So the "person" at the car lot who was ripping out wires and fuses did it, but wasn't able to figure out why they caused a problem. Amazing.

Sufficient ignorance is indistinguishable from malice.
Old 07-02-2020
Registered!!

LuisAntoniocst is an unknown quantity at this point

Friends I have the same problem, if you help me how to solve it, I have the same car and I also removed the HID lights from my car