Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 Civic LX sputtering and blinking engine light

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
juice581 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic LX sputtering and blinking engine light

My 2006 Civic recently started sputtering when I'm driving in traffic, going around 50-55 mph it sputters 2-3 times and then it runs normal. I was going up a hill a few days ago and all of a sudden my yellow engine light started blinking and I lost power. I guess the car went into some kind of reduced power mode. I was able to park the car, came back an hour and a half later and it started up and there was no blinking engine light. I took the car to the garage and the mechanic said it was showing no codes. I changed the air filter, spark plugs and cleaned the mass air flow sensor. Nothing changed. Not sure where to go next. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2017
cj1
Registered!!

cj1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 Civic LX sputtering and blinking engine light

Monitor fuel pressure as misfires happen and get a freeze frame or live data reading when check engine light is blinking.
Old 02-09-2017
Registered!!

juice581 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 Civic LX sputtering and blinking engine light

Sounds like a plan. Not sure what's going on , but the last 3 days of normal driving and the car didn't sputter once. Looks like it will be a work in progress. Thanks for the advice.