Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2009 Civic DX Door Lock Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017
2009 Civic Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stevedub is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2009 Civic DX Door Lock Issues

So, about a year ago we started having door lock issues. I attempted to used the graphite lubricant and was unsuccessful. We took it to a shop that solved the issue I believe doing the same thing that I had done. Now 1 year later we are having the same issue.

Resistance when inserting the key into the lock.
Sometimes the key goes in all the way with light resistance but will not turn.
And sometimes it works as normal.

This stated on the passenger side, now the passenger side and the driver side are doing the same thing.

Anyone else come across this issue of have any idea how to resolve?
Old 01-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 Civic DX Door Lock Issues

The tumbler wafers are probably worn out.
I retumble the lock cylinders (replace the tumblers with new) instead of making a customer buy new and force them to have multiple keys on their ring.