Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Civic, won't start need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thebluecoat is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Civic, won't start need help

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking any time to help me in advance! So, on 12/14 I go to leave for work in the morning and I usually remote start to warm up. I walk out to my car and find its not on. I go to start it and it does not start.

Background information :
I did not leave the lights on
I hooked up a second battery thinking the one that's in there is dead or its too cold ,(didn't fix)
I attempted to jump the car (didn't fix)
The most recent issue I've had with the car is an on and off is P0507 (Engine idle RPM higher than expected ) which I was going to but have not addressed yet.
About 169,000 miles
Would not start last winter due to the starter. Had "starter / solenoid replaced" according to the receipt I have , so that's about a year old now.
The main battery that's in the car is a year old, I bought another battery before I found out it was the starter last year.

The car not starting this time the symptoms are way different then when the starter went bad. Here's what happens:

I get in the car (remote unlock makes noise but too weak to actually unlock the doors) using the key. The interior lights are on, the dash RPM backlight is on. I put the key in ignition, I hear beeps. I turn one click and I "sometimes" see the entire dash lights turn on. I turn one more click and then, nothing. Dash lights go out. When I turn my key back one click to take it out I hear the horn try try to go off like somebody is tapping on it quickly but there's barely any noise , sometimes the dash lights will flicker and I'll have some horn action after my key is taken out.

Here's a video showing what I mean :

I hope it's something cheap like a fuse, ground wire , or something caused aftermarket Excalibur remote start / anti theft thing .

Any ideas/ thoughts would be appreciated , gonna try to get it brought in asap but would like to get an idea of what I'm facing money wise lol thanks guys!
Old 12-15-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Civic, won't start need help

I hooked up a second battery thinking the one that's in there is dead or its too cold ,(didn't fix)
Is that battery KNOWN to be good, or just assumed to be good?

Everything in the video said "loss of power", whether from a weak battery or from high resistance in some connection between the battery and the car.

Often overlooked: Follow the neg cable from battery to frame, I bet there's a poor looking connection where that cable attaches.