Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Occasional Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ab_329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Occasional Limp Mode

Hey guys! Been having issues as of lately on my 2007 Civic EX. It runs perfect for weeks or months then I get this sputtering and hesitation on the road and it goes into limp mode with the check engine light on. It has happened to my wife most of the time and never when I drive it. I have checked all of the fluids with no issues. Not overheating or anything. When I go and turn it on after these issues, no check engine light is on or any signs of failure. I can't diagnose if no check engine light is lit. Has anyone had similar issues? Is it something that needs cleaning? Any info is appreciated. Haven't found much on these symptoms.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2016
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Occasional Limp Mode

Try to get the history of stored codes read, and post them.
Old 12-12-2016
Registered!!

Will do. I will take it to O'reilly Auto Parts and see if they can dig up the history on the codes.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2016
Registered!!

Here are some of the codes that popped up when the scanner was plugged in.

P0300, P0301, P0304. A quick search and figured out these where random misfires. I have check the plugs and replaced just prior to these codes popping up.

61-1 -I believe this code is batter voltage drop or something similar.

2-8 -No DTC.

I also did a search and found out other members did a VTEC cleaning and/or screen cleaning of some sort. Could this be the cause of the issue?

Thanks guys!