Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Civic turns off when I come to a stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
branb90tree is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Civic turns off when I come to a stop

I have a 2011 Honda Civic Sedan 4 cyld. This car turning off has been a problem for a while now. It's gradually gotten worse but I was wondering if anyone had some ideas or suggestions. Today I was on my way back home from the grocery store and when I came to a stop sign in the parking lot the car turned off. The oil light came on and the battery as well. After restarting it I drove to the other side of the parking lot to get on the main road and the same thing happened again. Once exiting the plaza I stopped before entering the main road and it happened again. Before I became the owner of my car my brother changed the oil a while back and forgot to put the bolt back in. He drove to work one morning and it drained out and obviously he was driving with no oil. I feel like it may have something to do with this. If you have any ideas, let me know!! Thank you.
Old 10-11-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Civic turns off when I come to a stop

I don't think the shutting off problem is related to the oil incident...

If there was major engine damage from short term lack of oil you would know. You would probably have some nasty sounds like engine knocks. The car may not even run.

-I would start by getting your alternator and battery checked.
-if those two check out get the fuel pressure at idle checked.