Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic Compressor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suckmykiss182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic Compressor Issue

Hey, everyone! Forgive me if there is a thread on this matter already. I'm wondering if a group of Honda Civic owners have banned together to try and get a recall done on the compressors, since so many of them are going out. I've found hundreds of stories online without much digging, I'm sure there are thousands.

I know there is a law firm looking into a class action, but am wondering if there is anything else going on. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-08-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic Compressor Issue

There can be several different ways a compressor assembly can fail, they aren't all the same.

I've really not seen very many true compressor failures in my area, but I do know that many people will try to replace the entire compressor when it could instead be repaired with replacement of external and easily available parts.

What years, makes and models of cars are you dealing with?

What specific manner of compressor failure are you talking about?

What law firm, and where are they located?