Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Civic Led Dash Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shadowwrath5 is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic Led Dash Issue

Hi I uploaded 2 images here:http://imgur.com/a/WOkl2
The leds on my dash keep inverting and or going out on the gas meter and the top of the right digit on the speedometer. I was wondering what causes this and what can I do to fix this because it is quite annoying. In the first image you can see that the third to last and last led are out. Its not always those two its random. In the second picture the leds inverted. Instead of telling me how much gas I have left it indicates how much gas I have used. They seem to jump around like this randomly. If you have any information on this I would appreciate it. Im bringing my car in for an air bag recall next week so if it is a simple fix I can ask them to fix it for me while they have my car. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Civic Led Dash Issue

My guess is you're gonna have to buy that gauge set.
Old 09-03-2016
Registered!!

ZILLA is an unknown quantity at this point

wow ,,,, pretty sad when they can not make reliable readouts on the dash .... just shows how disposable they make the cars ....last ..... out of warranty and they fall apart. have your visors gone floppy yet ???????????????????
Old 09-03-2016
Registered!!

ZILLA is an unknown quantity at this point

heck you can find better gages in any junk yard ......... Honda should be ashame of there **** poor quality . this should never be a problem for any car . but this shows how crappy Honda has become . and yes I've seen this on several civics . also this will kill resale value on a used car ... but guess what .... not Honda's problem . they do last till warranty expires and rapidly start going downhill !!!!
Old 08-02-2017
Registered!!

Civicaboveall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shadowwrath5
Hi I uploaded 2 images here:http://imgur.com/a/WOkl2
The leds on my dash keep inverting and or going out on the gas meter and the top of the right digit on the speedometer. I was wondering what causes this and what can I do to fix this because it is quite annoying. In the first image you can see that the third to last and last led are out. Its not always those two its random. In the second picture the leds inverted. Instead of telling me how much gas I have left it indicates how much gas I have used. They seem to jump around like this randomly. If you have any information on this I would appreciate it. Im bringing my car in for an air bag recall next week so if it is a simple fix I can ask them to fix it for me while they have my car. Thanks!
Did you ever get this fixed? I just bought a 2006 Civic and it's doing the same thing. I'm just wondering what the fix is.
Old 08-17-2017
Here for the food

teezyyoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, funny because the last blip of the fuel gauge in my car never illuminates (when the tank is full). Even after letting the nozzle click. Could just be a busted diode. I can align with OP in that this is quite annoying, but it's no big deal. I also don't know if it's actually the gauge itself or if there's something up with my fuel system lmao