Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2014 EX Civic Econ Mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timbogates is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 EX Civic Econ Mode

I have the 1.8L Automatic my question is using the ECON Mode for the transmission. Can you use it in hilly areas? How about in large metropolitian cities which are flat? What is the negative if you use it all the time?? What is the effect on the tranmission?

THANKS
Old 06-28-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 EX Civic Econ Mode

Use it whenever you want, you won't hurt anything. Once you push the gas pedal down approximately 80% the ECON functions are disabled, other programs for power kick in.

Copied from another post of mine:
Update on the ECON button functions (remember this button is now on several other models so these may or may not apply to Civics), and keep in mind that there are some trade-offs as far as acceleration, comfort and convenience:

The happy little green light illuminates, and it may modify:

trans controls, (shift points are lowered)

the electronic throttle,
(reduces throttle opening for a given pedal input, while at less than 80% of WOT. At 80% and greater, you still are receiving the normal full throttle response)

climate control, (compressor cycle time and temps, blower fan speed, recirc operation)

cruise control, (limits acceleration/throttle opening rates when engaged, which may allow more vehicle speed variations esp. on hills)

auto-idle-stop for hybrids
. (widened ambient temp ranges allowed for autostop)