Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

starter relay

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
medo is an unknown quantity at this point
starter relay

hi guys , sometimes my automatic Honda civic 2007 won t start at the last turn of the key , when ask they told me that its ((( starter relay )))) , i need help to find that starter relay ,,,,
Old 05-05-2016
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: starter relay

Signed on to see myself. Think it's in the starter (other then the small relay on the fuse box that the key switch drives and then that turns on the starter relay. Use to be you could get a kit to replace plunger with contact and the contacts. They are only about $15 for a Toyota.... Could be the key switch going, the small relay or the battery going. Start at the battery and the connections. Simpy first. How many miles do you have on it?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Starter solenoid.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	88760  
Old 05-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just guess it needs a starter.
Old 05-05-2016
Registered!!

Ezone is truely the expert here. You can actually get the starter relay in the starter that includes similar parts in my picture. It's only 8-10$. However, that kind of work is limited to the backyard mechanic if you have the skills.
Old 05-05-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Ezone is truely the expert here.

Most people aren't going to open up a starter and gut it.
Old 05-06-2016
Registered!!

medo is an unknown quantity at this point
starter relay

please can u help ill record a video , how can i send or post ?? so will have a clear idea .... , i m new n the forum
Old 05-06-2016
Registered!!

Welcome from Hampton Roads Virginia

YouTube...Made $150 the other day from it. Neighbor had an older Vet. Could not get the hood up and it had a dead battery. Never really worked on one but after about 5 minutes on YouTube, walked over there and in a minute had his hood up with a hook on the end of a coat hanger. Charged his battery and adjusted the pull cable (there are two) on the right a tad bit shorter. He handed be $150. Told him I do this as a hobby and never charge. Would not take it back. Told me the Dealer wanted $400 to tow, diagnose the start problem and repair the hood...parts extra.
Start here but they are many more. Go to Collage Hill Honda and look your starter up in their fish so you can find a similar one on the tube. The second video shows some hand info. The third video is more to the point on the relay.

Last edited by RIPSAW; 05-06-2016 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2016

Originally Posted by medo
please can u help ill record a video , how can i send or post ?? so will have a clear idea .... , i m new n the forum
Upload video to youtube or similar then just copy/paste the URL to the video in your post here.