Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

DRL light Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamornagan is an unknown quantity at this point
DRL light Question

I have a 2008 Honda Civic EX. Recently my dash DRL light came on. It comes on when e brake is disengaged and disappears when headlights are turned on (both high and low beams). Only the driver's side light works in highs and lows, passenger highbeams and lowbeams are non functioning. No issues with turning signals on either side. Fuses have been checked and bulbs recently replaced. I have recently studied forums and YouTube about this and signs point to a drl control unit issue. Thing is none are specific to finding location of drl control unit in my year/model. I've looked and looked and am really looking for some guidance to finding the drl control unit. Is it under dash or under hood? I am aware this topic has been covered before, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-13-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL light Question

DRL light came on
Only the driver's side light works in highs and lows, passenger highbeams and lowbeams are non functioning.
It came on because the high beam isn't working.

Thing is none are specific to finding location of drl control unit in my year/model.
On an 8th gen the DRL control is built in to the MICU (dash fuse box).

I have recently studied forums and YouTube about this
Study a voltmeter and figure out how to test the car.
Each bulb must have a power and a ground when it should be operating.
If either power OR ground is missing, no worky-worky.

A fusebox replacement is an expensive guess, plus you have to drive it to a dealership to be programmed. And find all of your car keys for the programming (or tow it to the dealer after you DIY install it).

You'd kick your own butt around the block if the only problem is a bad ground for the bulbs.