Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Access To Knock Sensor / Intake Manifold Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fivespeed5504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Access To Knock Sensor / Intake Manifold Area

I just joined the forum to look for advice as I've inherited a 2007 Civic problem.

I'm working on my sons 2007 Civic EX that has had significant damage done to its electrical and fuel line by Pack Rats. The Pack Rat has been taken care of as well as the damage to the fuel line as well as most of the electrical under the hood. No codes on start up and idling but on a short run got P0325, Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction. Got the car up again and, knowing where to look, found the sensor wiring has been chewed up. As the wiring in this area is hardly visible, let alone accessible, any advice on how to get to this area short of of dropping the engine? Can the intake manifold be unbolted and pushed back from the top side to access the area? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-15-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Access To Knock Sensor / Intake Manifold Area

......take out the starter for access.... ???? IDK, wild guess. I can't see one right now.
The FSM says to remove the intake manifold.

I think the sensor takes 1-1/16 inch wrench size and it just screws in, no seals, no fluids behind it.