Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New Civic owner with questions..

Old 03-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnsoto11226 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Civic owner with questions..

Hello friends,

Purchased a 2007 Civic LX with 42,000 July/2015 and couldnt be happier. Amazing car and gives me great gas mileage but lately I have noticed an issue with the car and need advice on the best possible solution. Whenever I am turning the wheel either to park or leave a spot I hear a cranking sound in thr steering wheel. It's not loud but just annoying and wish to know how to fix this before it becomes a serious issue. Since purchasing the car all I have done is change the oil.

I currently live in Westchester county(West Harrison) so if anyone knows of a good reliable shop in the area i'm all ears. Thanks for any advice and god bless.
Old 03-07-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New Civic owner with questions..

Hi, welcome to the forums! That's pretty low mileage for an '07... good find! Can you get a video of the noise? Is it possible that some trim could be rubbing when you turn the wheel?
Old 03-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Civic owner with questions..

Take off your front wheels and inspect the plastic inner fenders for marks caused by the tires rubbing on the inner feeder. In relationship to Poopies post. You can also jack the whole front end up with the emergency brake and rear wheels blocked. Then start the car and have a buddy try to help you isolate where the noise is coming from as you turn the wheels fully to the left and right stop positions. This can also be done with the car in gear and the wheels turning slowly.