Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2011 coupe pedal vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wariogamer is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 coupe pedal vibration

Ok so 2011 civic coupe, 36k. Hit a curb months ago. Eventually changed shocks,struts, all 4 bearings. I'm replacing front control arms and ball joints next (grinding when turning right while stopped). But this vibration in the gas pedal has me stumped. It only vibrates when I accelerate, the harder I accelerate the worse it seems to get. I think maybe something came a bit lose when I hit the curb? I don't know. Help would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-06-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 coupe pedal vibration

The gas pedal is not physically connected to the engine in any way. Maybe your floor is vibrating?
Get underneath and look?
Take it to an experienced pro for evaluation?

You're replacing an awful lot of stuff that does not normally go bad at such low mileage, just how hard did you hit the curb and how many wheels took the impact?
Old 02-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wariogamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2011 coupe pedal vibration

Originally Posted by ezone
The gas pedal is not physically connected to the engine in any way. Maybe your floor is vibrating?
Get underneath and look?
Take it to an experienced pro for evaluation?

You're replacing an awful lot of stuff that does not normally go bad at such low mileage, just how hard did you hit the curb and how many wheels took the impact?
Just the right front wheel. And low Milage yes, but the roads here on Long Island are god awful. Parts wear out twice as fast