Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

07 civic dx guidance for website and links

Old 01-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canosgmk is an unknown quantity at this point
07 civic dx guidance for website and links

Hello,

First post here.

Per title, I have an 07 dx auto with 122k miles. The PO didn't take care of the car at all and I h-a-t-e the lack of power and poor make of the car. Long story short, I had a 04 Passat 1.8t for 8 years and modded from a stock 175hp to 275hp with a conservative body kit, exhaust, tune, suppension, and brakes upgrade. Wife made me sell it as she didn't like German cost of parts and got this lemon.

I do not have an option of selling the car. Bought it at 20% under market value from family and we don't have cash flow to buy what I 'want' (power and smooth ride. Aka sleeper).

My brother got a SI (2015 or 14) and changed out the exhaust, ram air, and tuned and it is a fun little beast. I know my DX will never get to that level, but I would like to be able to pass someone at 45mph.

So,

I need help in finding stock DX builds so see what they did and how it went.

Need guidance of OBDII scanners that will work for my CAN engine.

Also suggestions to good tuners companies. Google search gives me too my crap to sort through.

Thank you for any and all help
Old 01-07-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 07 civic dx guidance for website and links

You can make your car as fast as you like, you just have to ask the right questions, and do some hard work, or pay a shop to build it for you, but where's the fun in that?

Basically you want to pump as much combustion gas through that engine as possible.

Anything you can do to improve flow will see gains
Start with the basics I/H/E

then p&p the head

then either High comp build all engine

or

forced induction.

Think hard about where you want to go with the car and how much you want to spend, then come back and ask specific questions so we can help you with a solid build.
Old 01-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canosgmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 07 civic dx guidance for website and links

Thank you for the response.

I don't know the questions to ask until I can find what I want yet. I have found tons of K engine mods and some B series engines. I can't find my engine that was modded and all I have been seeing it is a waist of money to do anything to it. I'm not looking for a 12sec car or anything. Just something that still have good gas mileage, dependable, basic home DIY work. Aka, heads cams, exhaust, tune.

Budget is not finalized, but to start, we are looking around 500.00.

Do you know anyone that built a DX engine? My understanding this car has an I-vec which isn't a real vtec. It's drops compression at lower rpm vs a real vtec gains compression at higher rpm.