Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch not disengaging. Still air in the line??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
si-Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch not disengaging. Still air in the line??

I recently had a stage 2 clutch put in my 07 si and when I picked it up from the garage, they told me that they were not completely happy with the clutch pedal. He said he had bled it a lot and it still sometimes does not want to disengage. With how cheap they installed the clutch, I wasn't completely upset, figured it just needed more bleeding or something. I myself have bled it several times and it just keeps acting up. Yesterday I got in it, double pumped the pedal, started it up and it was shifting fine and not trying to pull. I held the clutch in for over five minutes checking the shifting during this time frame and it was good the whole time. I then put it in neutral, let the clutch out, pushed it in like normal and again it was hard to shift. This makes me think it is air and not a cmc or csc leaking by. I do not see any leaks coming from either cylinder, and if you pump it, it seems to disengage completely. Any help or ideas here would be very much appreciated. I don't mind putting new parts in it, but if the cylinders aren't the issue I don't want to spend that money.
Old 12-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clutch not disengaging. Still air in the line??

It's trapped air, those are a PITA to get bled out completely.
Try pressure bleed, vacuum bleed, speed bleed, reverse bleed.
Search the forum for other threads discussing this problem?
Old 12-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
si-Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutch not disengaging. Still air in the line??

Originally Posted by ezone
It's trapped air, those are a PITA to get bled out completely.
Try pressure bleed, vacuum bleed, speed bleed, reverse bleed.
Search the forum for other threads discussing this problem?
Thanks ezone, I really felt that way but after you go through the process 3 or 4 times, you start doubting yourself. As an update, I just got done bleeding one more time and I think I finally got it!! It is shifting really nice, hopefully it lasts and I can move on. I appreciate the response.