Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Honda - I can't get in ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johnerickson4 is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Honda - I can't get in ?

I own 2 Honda Civics - both 2006. One of them had engine issues and Honda
replaced the engine under warranty last month. Yesterday, I couldn't get into the car with the electronic key. Everytime I tried to open the lock with the key, it automatically reset closed. So, I timed the 1 second unlock before relocking and got into the car. Then the car alarm went off when I tried to start it. So I got out and got my other set of keys, thinking it was a key problem. The car started and i was able to drive it, although the lock automatically locked and never remained unlocked. This morning, the car was locked, neither set of keys or the electronic auto-starter keys could open the door. The manual keys cannot open the door. It seems like it is being kept locked closed. Could the car battery be dead or could it be due to the new engine and some code not being accepted. I can't get into the car. I can open the trunk manually. I don't know how to open the hood to pull the battery power without getting into the front seat to pull the hood switch. I'm ready to call Honda and have it towed and fixed. Any suggestions. You can't make this stuff up.
Old 12-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Honda - I can't get in ?

I don't know how to open the hood to pull the battery power without getting into the front seat to pull the hood switch.
Open trunk.
Pull seatback release handle.
Push seatback forward with the ice scraper handle or broomstick.

Go to the neighbors house and borrow their 8 year old kid, give him a dollar to crawl through the trunk and unlock the doors or pull the hood release.

The manual keys cannot open the door.
You can't stick the key in the drivers door handle slot and twist to unlock it?

or the electronic auto-starter keys
You mean this car has a remote start on it?
Could be related to the problem, if it is connected to the power locks.

Or it could be a power lock/latch issue....no way to tell from where I'm sitting.