Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My 2012 civic cranks but doesn't starts, OEM remote start issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stabil13 is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2012 civic cranks but doesn't starts, OEM remote start issues

I have purchased honda civic genuine remote start from the dealer and the attachment kit. so i decided to save a little bit of money by installing it myself and have my dealer to programm my key/fob. I followed all the instruction on the manual. it straight forward and there is no cutting wires type things. So I've connected all the wires, plugged the battery back. Turned my key, engine cranks and no start. I'm breaking my head over this, I know that the engine suppose to start even without the remote start being programmed. I double checked all the connection and still nothing. please help what am I missing? And the other thing my check engine fires up with "сheck the emission system"
Thanks in advance
Old 11-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My 2012 civic cranks but doesn't starts, OEM remote start issues

Originally Posted by Stabil13
I have purchased honda civic genuine remote start from the dealer and the attachment kit. so i decided to save a little bit of money by installing it myself and have my dealer to programm my key/fob. I followed all the instruction on the manual. it straight forward and there is no cutting wires type things. So I've connected all the wires, plugged the battery back. Turned my key, engine cranks and no start. I'm breaking my head over this, I know that the engine suppose to start even without the remote start being programmed. I double checked all the connection and still nothing. please help what am I missing? And the other thing my check engine fires up with "сheck the emission system"
Thanks in advance
Retrace EVERY step and maybe have someone else with a fresh set of eyes double check your work.

Some of the cars have more than one possible identical connector that you can get wrong....near the fuse box or kick panel area.

Another identical connector might be for the remote start control unit and the TPMS control unit.

IDK if those apply to your particular car but I've shot myself in the foot because of both of those situations.

If worse comes to worst, unplug everything and reconnect the car wiring as stock and try it again later.

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure the car will run before the new unit is programmmed, although I too would expect it to run.
Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Retrace EVERY step and maybe have someone else with a fresh set of eyes double check your work.

Some of the cars have more than one possible identical connector that you can get wrong....near the fuse box or kick panel area.

Another identical connector might be for the remote start control unit and the TPMS control unit.

IDK if those apply to your particular car but I've shot myself in the foot because of both of those situations.

If worse comes to worst, unplug everything and reconnect the car wiring as stock and try it again later.

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure the car will run before the new unit is programmmed, although I too would expect it to run.

Thanks for the reply.
I double checked all the connection again. Still no luck.

I tried to locate TPMS wires but couldn't find it. I searched everywhere online for tpms wire location with no luck. As soon as I turn my key to on position my warning indicator saying check for tpms, then check emission system warning comes on.
It seems like there is no info at all online of wires diagram under the panel at all for 2012 honda civic.
Old 11-29-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get the installation instructions with the kit?

Or get the official instructions from the estore online?
Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

I thought of the one wire that I connected wrong, I took of the remote harness from that connection and reconnected as it used to be. Still TPMS comes on.
Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

I've downloded from estore.
Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

From here to be exact.
http://www.hondapartssuperstore.com/mobile/remote-engine-starter-system-2012-honda-civic-p-2279.html
Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

If you look at the manual on page 17 step 64. Thats where I thought i messed up with TPMS, but apparently this wasn't a case.
Old 11-29-2015

I got to looking at the instructions, apparently this system does not use a jumper plug on the TPMS harness....Some other models do. Sorry.

I can't easily see what connector(s) would contain wiring related to the TPMS that are also used by the remote start. Too many possibilities.

Step 64-67 look like they are all in the kick panel by the hood release.

The small wire you have to insert in the wide fuse box connector, double checked to be in the correct hole?

You didn't mistakenly plug a jumper harness into itself, instead of the cars harness?

I can't do much more than guess at stuff you already have instructions for....I know they can suck, poor detail in the drawings.
There isn't any guide for troubleshooting installation errors.