Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rumble and issues with first gear

Old 11-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Embraking is an unknown quantity at this point
Rumble and issues with first gear

I have a 2007 honda civic SI that I had a new clutch and fly wheel put in around August of this year.

I noticed yesterday that there is a lot or rumbling when I engaged in first and can't even idel with first engaged or the car starts to shake and it feels like I will stall. Once I get moving and into higher gears everything seems to run smooth however I noticed there isnt as much power as I am use to.

Any ideas what this could be? I am taking it back to the shop that put in the new parts on Thursday but I wanted to get a sense of what I could be dealing with before I have them look at it.

Thank you,

EK
Old 11-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rumble and issues with first gear

Is it a lightened or lightweight flywheel?