Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Date coded parts?

Old 10-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
market525 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Date coded parts?

Greeting to all ... new member, first post here.

Without sharing my long, painful ongoing story with my local Honda dealer, can anyone tell me if original parts are date coded from the factory?

Specifically, is there a way to tell FOR CERTAIN if the radiator in a 2007 Civic Coupe is the radiator that it came from the factory with? I am referring to some type of code that would indicate a manufacture date of that part.

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be knowledgeable in this area.

Steve
Old 10-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Date coded parts?

Welcome.

I have never had to figure out a situation like that, I don't know the answer.
I'd kinda expect there is some sort of coding put on it by the radiator manufacturer though.

What's the story, anyway?

Search this Thread