Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Transmission? Or something else? 06 civic hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yang559 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission? Or something else? 06 civic hybrid

Hello guys I am new to this forum. I recent bought a 2006 civic hybrid couple days ago and it was driving good and fine. Today while I was driving I notice some hard shifting and then after a while I came to a full stop and my car just shuts off. Then I put it on park and start up the car it'll start but I couldn't put it in reverse, drive, or anything. It's like my shifter was stuck. I pull the car to the side of the road and waited for a bit. I was lost and didn't know what to do. After waited for about 20 minutes. I start the car again but now it was good smooth like before. I drove for about 10-15 mins and I hit the free way all of the sudden I get the hard shifting again then my brake system light and steering wheel light came on and all of the sudden the car started revving high and my digital speed numbers stayed at 0 but I believe I was still going around 65-70mph I drove for 15 minutes and finally got off and slow down and then when gas the car it just rev's high and go super slow... I was lucky I was close to the gas station so I pull over there. I shut off the car and start it again it starts but I can't get my car into reverse or drive. My brake system and steering wheel lights came back on. I waited again but this time it still doesn't get in drive reverse or won't even let me get it out of park. so I stuck the key in the hole next to my shifter and release it from park and put it in neutral. I start the car and put it in reverse it rev pretty high and the car was reversing slowly even when I floor the gas pedal it didn't go anywhere it just move slowly. And then I put it on drive and it does the same thing. I drove it home was going about 15mph. When I got home I check the transmission fluid it seem to be fine. I do not what's wrong with my car. I left it there for like 2-3 hours and I started again and it went back to normal. Also when the problem happened my bat wasn't charging at all. What can be wrong with my car?
Old 09-21-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Transmission? Or something else? 06 civic hybrid

Is your car throwing a ? If so, you should get it scanned ASAP. Any leaks?
Old 09-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yang559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope there is no cel and I believe there is no leaks.
Old 09-21-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Could be an electrical issue. Is the battery the original one?
Old 09-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

bought a 2006 civic hybrid couple days ago
You bought someone elses' problems.

Either return the car and get your money back from the seller or take the car to your HONDA Dealership to be diagnosed and repaired.
And you better hold on to your wallet, this ride may get a little hairy.