Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Bumper Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015
IG: emiiamorxo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emiixo is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumper Issue

I am naturally a reckless driver with a skewed sense of dimension. I was out of town and had just bought my 2009 Honda Civic DX. I went to go park at Raising Caine's because I was famished. I ended up parking too close to the cement block and literally lifted my bumper out of place. It wasn't the whole bumper, of course, but rather the right side where the fender is that popped out. I panicked and tried snapping it back in place (which it did) but now every time I go driving, it will occasionally pop out again especially when i got over a bump I think one of the little clips on broke, but since I am a ghetto college student, I can't afford any snazzy repairs. Anyone have a couple tips or suggestions? I honestly don't want to experiment myself and eff it up, get me? Thanks for your time in reading this. I appreciate all the help you guys!
Old 09-19-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bumper Issue

If it pops out at the corner by the wheelwell, it tore the loop where a screw went through.
If the loop is broken or missing, the corner will not stay in place.

I found this thread link while looking for that picture: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-h...lots-pics.html
Old 09-22-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

drill a new hole through the upper and lower sections then zap strap or bolt.

or buy bumper ties ...but this only looks good if your car is setup, imo.

Name:  DSCF4677_JPG-1.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  78.3 KB
Old 09-22-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...or if you really want to gehhetoo it out / rice car / race car

buy bumper ties.

but this only looks good if the rest of your car is setup imo.