Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Urgent Please help unknown problem . Opinion needed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rayaan_wasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Urgent Please help unknown problem . Opinion needed.

Hi I have a civic 2006 idrive . last week when I started the car early morning the car wont shift gears called up rac they diagnosed with code "0810 - unknown" which appears to be a clutch actuator issue . anyways later In the day I tried it again and the gear started working since then I have realized whenever the car is cold the gear would just not shift from neutral .
took the car to mechanic who says two problems:

1. Low fluid in gear/clutch
2. clutch actuator issue due to which the part would need to be sent to ecutesting.com

from my understanding if the problem was with the actuator the problem would not resolve automatically when the day got hot (in the sun). and it appears to me the problem is only with the fluid being low .

Guys I need your opinion on this please get back asap as I am stuck without a car and having a lot of problems.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Urgent Please help unknown problem . Opinion needed.

why not just top the fluid up first and drive it ?
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

If it is consuming fluid then you have a leak somewhere. If it's not consuming, then one of your hydraulic seals is probably bad or the sensor is bad (slave or master cylinder shot).

If it ran low and was never bled it could also have air in the line which will also make your clutch misbehave.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
If it is consuming fluid then you have a leak somewhere. If it's not consuming, then one of your hydraulic seals is probably bad or the sensor is bad (slave or master cylinder shot).

If it ran low and was never bled it could also have air in the line which will also make your clutch misbehave.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your reply . so to you does it look like a problem with the clutch actuator itself ? As per my understanding if their was a problem the car would not go to any gear unlike how its acting now (sometimes goes onto gear sometimes doesn't).
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

by clutch actuator issue I mean the issue that can be fixed by sending the part :

http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/...etcpptd40.html
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rayaan_wasty
by clutch actuator issue I mean the issue that can be fixed by sending the part :

http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/...etcpptd40.html
I am assuming that is a power assisted clutch master cylinder. That could be it, but it could also be the slave cylinder. look for leaks first, seals are harder to find/fix. Don't just throw parts at it.