Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda emblem on front

Old 08-10-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sf3r8z is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda emblem on front

I recently had to replace the honda emblem that is on the front of my 2008 civic. It sits dead center between the hood and the bumper. It is a big silver letter h. This emblem has 2 prongs/studs that fit into 2 holes. Easy enough. Right? Problem is the prongs are straight and slick and once in the holes there is nothing behind the black plastic receiver to hold the emblem on. I'm guessing there was something behind the black plate it fits into to that held it into place but is no longer there. Irregardless, i can't see it and can't get to it.

My solution is to epoxy the studs into the holes and forget about it. What do you think?
Old 08-10-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Honda emblem on front

Originally Posted by sf3r8z
My solution is to epoxy the studs into the holes and forget about it. What do you think?
Looks like a self-tapping screw held it on or something. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...LLE+%28-+08%29

As long as you don't plan on replacing the emblem again, sure epoxy will work.
Old 08-10-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

On a sedan there are push nuts to go on the pins from behind.

On a coupe there were no clips shown in the parts catalog, but it shows a screw there (not sure if it is part of the emblem deal or not)

Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sf3r8z is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. Removal of assembly to get to back of mounting holes looks somewhat involved and replacing self tapping screws(assuming that might be necessary) is more time than i want to spend on this. I think ill first try the glue approach. If it doesn't work, another emblem is not that expensive.