Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2013 civic hybrid turn signal/hazards not working

Old 05-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steveneddy is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 civic hybrid turn signal/hazards not working

In my 2013 Civic Hybrid the turn signals and hazards suddenly stopped working. I replaced the Hazards fuse with a spare from the fuse box but that didn't help. I should also mention that the drivers side turn signal light lens is cracked from a rock on the highway or something, so there's a small hole in it. I'd prefer not to bring it to the dealership. Plus it seems a bit early for electrical problems.
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 civic hybrid turn signal/hazards not working

Check both fuse boxes?
Done anything involving lights or wiring?
Anything aftermarket in the car?

Warranty 3/36 ? Dealership.
Old 05-18-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Not as simple as it once was.... try to resolve on Hondas tab, if you can.
Old 05-18-2015
Registered!!

Hi Ezone, I did check the fuses and replaced the hazards fuse to no avail. I've not done any work on it, but there is a hole & crack in the drivers side mirror light lens. I'm hoping its just that i need a new bulb, I'll take it to dealer this am.
Craig, I bought it used certified, not sure what this covers, I guess I'll find out today. I'll take a look at the Honda site to see if its possible for me to change bulb myself bu ti heard this is difficult.
Thanks all.
Old 05-18-2015

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Would not think a problem with one bulb would effect entire system.

Hyper blinker on one side maybe.
Old 05-18-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Mirror lights are LEDs if I remember correctly.
Old 05-19-2015
Registered!!

So after spending the better part of my workday at the Honda dealership where I bought it, the service desk guy tells me the crack in the turn signal lens on the driver's side mirror allowed moisture to cause a short that affected the whole circuit, including the hazards and front/rear turn signals. He says they have to replace the entire side mirror assembly because all the wiring inside was affected, $595 + tax. After recovering from this shock and telling the guy that this is completely insane, I ask if they can just disconnect that light from the system. He says oh yeah, when they disconnect it everything else works fine (front & rear blinkers, hazards). So that's where I am now. It would be nice to get that blinker working, but not for +/-650. Seems like a design flaw, and I was angry enough to find the dealership GM, who told me he will look for an aftermarket or used mirror assembly that they would have to paint to match my car. Does this all sound kind of crazy to anyone else? I'd like to try to get the part and install is myself, can anyone point me in right direction, reference-wise?
Thanks
Old 05-19-2015

I would bet you if the PCB had time to dry out it would be fine.

Parts for harness not avail so they estimate what they can get.......and I cannot see how moisture could damage a harness that is designed & utilized for automotive environment.

The mirrors come already painted.

The fact that unplugging the mirror connector restores operation (removes the load/short/wet board) to me indicates the harness is still fine.

I'd say leave it disconnected and either seal up orig mirror or replace it yourself.
Old 05-19-2015

You can purchase individual pieces for the mirrors.

Take a look at a catalog here:

Seems like you can get the LED (part #2) for a whopping $46 American Dollars

LINKY http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/autoCIVIC+HYBRID=MIRROR+

Last edited by ezone; 05-19-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Wrong part
Old 05-19-2015
Registered!!

Thanks for the replies. I may try to replace just the LED and see if I can get it working. Do you know where I can find info on how the assembly comes apart (without breakage)?
Old 05-19-2015

It will likely be ok after drying out.... if lens is cracked, it will just get wet again.