Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Vibration at Idle.? 2006 civic 1.8

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowstepper is an unknown quantity at this point
Vibration at Idle.? 2006 civic 1.8

Ok guys,
now we have a brand new short block, thanks to Honda. The thing runs great, smooth quiet, great power.

But i noticed that when you come to a stop light, the vehicle will have a vibration to it, you can feel it in the seat and the steering wheel. Does it in park or drive, and as soon as you step on the gas, it completely disappears.

Not a miss or a lope in the engine, very regular. I'm thinking maybe somehow the exhaust system got shoved up against the chassis? or do the exhaust systems have weights or counter balances for this model (2006 civic) or possibly a loose motor mount?

I have no idea, hope someone has come across it before, so i know where to start looking!

thanks
BB
Old 01-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vibration at Idle.? 2006 civic 1.8

now we have a brand new short block, thanks to Honda.
March right back to the dealer ask them to double check their work. It's a huge job, anything could have happened.

Make SURE you demonstrate your problem so everyone involved knows exactly what the problem is.
Have the tech sit in the car with you or whatever it takes to demonstrate it.

OTOH Yes they do have issues with the engine mount on the passengers side causing horrible vibration.
Check out the pictures of bad/good mount in this post:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4577741
(see post #11)

The lower torque rod wears too. I haven't noticed it yet but another poster here did.

Another common one is rattle noises from the hood/hood latch.
Old 01-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaLuv3r4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vibration at Idle.? 2006 civic 1.8

Sounds like it could be a collapsed passenger mount. That happend to my 06 and the whole cabin of the car vibrated horribly. and the engine would "clunk" when i would shift up or down. Get the passenger mount looked at. They are relatively easy to replace if you have a floor jack and stands. Good luck!