Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Lower engine torque rod engine mount and rear upper control arm

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lower engine torque rod engine mount and rear upper control arm

Update on the rear control rod issue with too much camber.

Way back when first posted, had replace the tires with a set with my membership from Cosco. The old rear had a steel belt showing. Anyway, at the first and second rotation and balance by Cosco, wear looked even and OK. At around 24K at forth rotations, it was obvious rotation was not going to keep up with it plus my college student's driving was just that. (what can I say..I was young and stupid once also..now just old and dumb)

Anyway, of course I am in Mexico for the winter and grandson has a flat off at college and I am wondering what another Costco is going to say.

Anyway, at the store and GS is not a member, he, the store man and I are messaging on the I-phone. The flat tire has a steelbelt problem that has punched the inner air liner, the other back has steel belt showing and the front are also real close. He saying alignment issues plus GS missed last rotation are really hard to warranty and especially at 35K on 80K Mitchellin tires. Going to be around $554.

Anyway, little back and forth and he get it all straight it's my car and my membership and I guess looking in the computer sees I am running 16 of his tires. Karma is real guys for all the wallets and stuff I have got back to owners. Just in the last few weeks, both the I-phone and Ironman Timex of mine have made in to the front desk in Mexico no less. Back to the point, he comes back and tells me he has spoken to his manager. Over the phone messaging results in a $188.91 total non warrant but customer satisfaction bill for the 35,000 miles of use and a new set of tires.
When I get back in the spring, will put those C stamp arms on I got off ebay and get my clone of ezone John Petrakos (surely someone who always has clean, orderly tools and clean hands is a good mechanic like me)at my local Honda to put a real alignment on there. Figure my trammel may not work for that type of change and those adjuster on the back are a little intimidating.

Last edited by RIPSAW; 01-28-2017 at 08:51 AM.