General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

Shaking problem when starting up car

Old 12-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bay000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Shaking problem when starting up car

I have a 09 Honda civic with a little over 20,000 miles. A few days ago I went to turn my car on and it felt like the engine compartment was shaking for a few seconds and then stopped. My car was parked for about 4 hours before this and it was cold and rainy that day. This was the first time it has done this. It hasn't done it since then (only been two days now), but I'm sure it will come back. The only thing that's been changed has been oil and filter at regular maintenance intervals.

Does anyone know what this could be? I want to know so that when I go to get my car checked, they won't try to say its something else just to get more money.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bay000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Shaking problem when starting up car

I found someone else had this problem and it was their fuel filter. Could this be the issue?
Old 12-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bay000
I found someone else had this problem and it was their fuel filter. Could this be the issue?
That is doubtful with only 20K mi., mine has 56K mi. and has never been changed. I probably won't change it until around 100K mi. I would wait and see if this continues to happen. Was your last fill up with good gas?
Old 12-05-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

A few seconds, a few days ago is nothing significant and nobody will be able to verify anything happened.

You need to have a consistent pattern going on so someone else (a tech) can experience the issue.