Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clansic is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Problems

Recently, my 06 civic ex coupe radio has been giving me problems. After I got out of work one day, the radio has been giving me static. Now it doesn't just make static alone, you can put the radio on and can hear music too. Some times the static is louder than others, but it persists through both FM/AM and the Aux settings. Static stops when I turn the radio off though. Could it be the fact that we had non-stop rain and wind for the past couple of days? Maybe water had gotten into some crack somewhere and shorted something? Any advice would be greatly appreciated because the ride to work is too quiet now...
Old 10-29-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio Problems

I just replaced an antenna amp in a van for a complaint similar to this. As soon as I touched it the reception cleared up.
Old 10-29-2014
Registered!!

That would probably be why the static fluctuates as i drive over any sort of bump in the road, right?
Old 10-29-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly could be. Your antenna amp should be behind the rear pillar trim cover on the passengers side. On the side, near the top of the glass. Bang on the cover with your hand and see if reception changes?
Old 10-29-2014
Registered!!

If I push on it hard enough it is not as prevalent, but if I keep prodding at it it goes back to being obnoxious. Maybe a loose wire or something? If so, how would I go about checking it?
Old 10-30-2014

Remove the pillar trim piece so you can get to the wiring? The one I had would come and go by wiggling the coax, it was an internal issue inside the amp.