Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

2006 Honda Civic LX 4DR - SRS Module Model Number

Old 10-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robertsherk is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Honda Civic LX 4DR - SRS Module Model Number

Hello,

First time posting on this website, but I've browsed here before looking for help and it always pointed me in the right direction.

I have a 2006 Honda Civic LX 4DR. The airbag light has been on for a little while now. I know that this indicates some kind of fault with the SRS module. I've tried resetting the light, but it wouldn't clear. So I've decided to order a replacement module. I've found a variety of options, but I want to make sure I get the correct model number.

Is there a way to look up the model number of my SRS module without physically accessing the module in my car itself?

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Honda Civic LX 4DR - SRS Module Model Number

1st: What is the fault code stored in the module?
Old 10-21-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
1st: What is the fault code stored in the module?
I'm not sure. I'm very much a beginner to this. The airbag light came on randomly one day. I wasn't in an accident or anything. I tried to clear the fault using a method I found on this website, but it wouldn't clear. I've talked to a few mechanics who say that the only options now are to either reprogram the module or replace it.
Old 10-21-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Read the fault code(s) first. Post the code and let's see what needs done about it. Very few issues require replacement of the control unit.

Also realize that getting the codes to clear manually can be tedious and frustrating because it's very finicky about the timing of sticking the jumper wire in several times.
Old 11-07-2014
Registered!!

The code has indicated that the unit has failed so I will be replacing it.

According to Honda Canada, the model number of my SRS unit is 77960-SNA-A230. I've found a number of replacement models online for a 2006 model but with slightly different model numbers (i.e. 77960-SNA-A219).

Does anyone know if these different models are interchangeable?
Old 11-07-2014

The code has indicated that the unit has failed so I will be replacing it.
Was it a deployment code?
Does anyone know if these different models are interchangeable?
There can be many differences. Even between US and Canadian models that have the same part number, there can be differences (been there, done that!)

I would only use the replacement part number as listed in the parts catalog when chosen by entering the cars VIN. It's a safety system, you don't want to be the one named in a lawsuit as the one responsible for installing an incorrect part.

Also, the OPDS will need initialized after the new SRS unit is installed.