Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

At stop light started making a loud rumble from the back is it safe to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Partyk1d24 is an unknown quantity at this point
At stop light started making a loud rumble from the back is it safe to drive?

I was driving into work today and my car started to make a loud rumble at a stoplight. I am one of the *lucky owners of a 2006 Civic EX Coupe with the engine issue (and the seat, and the trunk....), so I am pretty sure that isn't it. Also being that this is a front wheel drive car seems unlikely to be a transmission issue. Seems to be coming from the back of the car.

Is there anything else I can test to see if it is safe to test? I may have a 2 Ton jack in my trunk if it opens.
Old 08-26-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: At stop light started making a loud rumble from the back is it safe to drive?

Maybe jack rolled around and is making the noise.

Exhaust loose & touching against something.
Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Partyk1d24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: At stop light started making a loud rumble from the back is it safe to drive?

I have not used the Jack yet so I doubt that is it. I am guessing the exhaust as well, however, I was wondering if there was a known issue/way I could confirm.
Old 08-26-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Not much back there to make noise, should be easy to narrow.

New one for sure, and have spent a fair amount of time at the 8th gen site (own a 2010)

Keep us posted please.