Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ankurdabas is an unknown quantity at this point
Question this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

in the video below ,, the noise at 0:34 is what i m asking about ,, plz help mwe with it ,, this is driving me crazy..

Old 07-11-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

I can't hear well on this laptop.

Anyone else?
Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Re: this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

Originally Posted by ezone

Anyone else?
Ok lemme explain further .. this noise increases as i accelerate ..
Its coming from the area where there is oil pressure switch and a coolant drain valve .
I have checked the noise via garden hose pipe .. its coming from that area only .. are those connectors suppose to make such a noise when gone bad .. ?? If not them then what else can it be ??

Sir plz help me here .. i m realy feeling helpless here ..
Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Not sure if I am hearing the right noise that you are talking about, the only thing i hear is the same noise I hear if I back up really quickly in my 2006.
Old 07-22-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jordan1794
Not sure if I am hearing the right noise that you are talking about, the only thing i hear is the same noise I hear if I back up really quickly in my 2006.
this noise is coming from the area near oil pressure sender and coolant valve .. can they make such noise with some faulty installations
???
Old 07-22-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Does it rattle kinda loud upon startup for a couple seconds, then quiet down? Then remains this noise in question?
Old 07-22-2014
Registered!!

Does it rattle kinda loud upon startup for a couple seconds, then quiet down? Then remains this noise in question?
No .. it increases on hitting gas padlle .. and gets louder for 1 or 2 seconds when paddle is released ... And ya m sure its from down there where i described .. near oil pressure sender and coolant valve area .. this area is surrounded with a plate .. this noise only comes from there ... Help ..
Old 07-22-2014

I connected my laptop to surround sound, I've listened with headphones, and I still can't discern much from the video. I can hear what sounds like some music at the beginning, a somewhat faint voice talking about the noise, but I can't really tell what engine noise you are trying to demonstrate here.

Is the noise in question a shrill high pitch squeal or whistle?

I can't think of anything that would be in the immediate area of the oil sending unit and water plug on the side of the engine that can be a cause of a noise, unless it's origin is elsewhere.

Is the noise actually causing problems?
Have you compared to an identical car?

Shield making noise?
Accessory or pulley making noise?
Noise being transmitted from elsewhere?

Sorry.... Sometimes being there to be able to hear it in person is best.
Old 07-22-2014
Registered!!

I connected my laptop to surround sound, I've listened with headphones, and I still can't discern much from the video. I can hear what sounds like some music at the beginning, a somewhat faint voice talking about the noise, but I can't really tell what engine noise you are trying to demonstrate here.

Is the noise in question a shrill high pitch squeal or whistle?

I can't think of anything that would be in the immediate area of the oil sending unit and water plug on the side of the engine that can be a cause of a noise, unless it's origin is elsewhere.

Is the noise actually causing problems?
Have you compared to an identical car?

Shield making noise?
Accessory or pulley making noise?
Noise being transmitted from elsewhere?

Sorry.... Sometimes being there to be able to hear it in person is best.
No the car is not making any problem .. its driving good ..
And i.ve shown this car to a machenic who claimed that it is from catalyc converter ..

If it is from there then y d hell m i hearing that from some where else ..

M going to show this to a new machenic today .. hope this obe gets it right .. will b updating soon ... Nothing is worse than a noisy machenichal girl frnd .. i just luv it . But couldn'thelp it ..
Old 07-22-2014

What is the thing in the lower right corner of the video?

Brass hex shaped fittings, blue plastic cap?
Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

Natural gas conversion kit .... Gasoline price are way too high here ..
This is the best alternative .
Before it gave average of 8 kms a dollar .. and now it gives . 25 kms a dollar .
Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

took it to the machenic ,,, said it was smething realted to egr valve ... any thoughts ???
Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

what is this pipe ??? plz tell me if yu know .... the one marked with arrow ......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R18-integrated-manifold.jpg
Views:	1616
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	86899  
Old 07-23-2014

Originally Posted by ankurdabas
took it to the machenic ,,, said it was smething realted to egr valve ... any thoughts ???

What is "something related to" supposed to mean? Is that a diagnosis? WHY is it making noise?

Did you arrive at the same conclusion?
Does your noise originate there?
Is it causing a problem?

There may be more ways to figure out more about it, but is it really a problem?

Originally Posted by ankurdabas
what is this pipe ??? plz tell me if yu know .... the one marked with arrow ......

That pipe has coolant in it. Carries coolant from the thermostat housing and radiator hoses to the water pump.
The thermostat housing also contains the EGR valve.
Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

What is "something related to" supposed to mean? Is that a diagnosis? WHY is it making noise?

Is it causing a problem?

That pipe has coolant in it. Carries coolant from the thermostat housing and radiator hoses to the water pump.
this noise is coming from the area where egr valve is located where this pipe is going through the egr section .. i think this noise i am hearing at oil presseure sender area is just the reflecting sound because of the plate which is directly below egr valve .. the noise is originating at egr section somewhere .. correct me if i am wrong .
Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

Is it causing a problem?

Machenic also said that there could b a vacuum leak .. that machenic is a friend of mine .. ao this diagnosis was done for free 😄😄 .. this is the reason i m not sure bout it ...
Old 07-24-2014
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

I have an air injection on an older Toyota that injects air into the exhaust to reduce certain part of the pollution to reduce smog. If the hose was pulled off, it made a similar noise. Do you have a vacuum drive smog pump on the motor? Some really old ones were driven by a belt.
Old 07-24-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
I have an air injection on an older Toyota that injects air into the exhaust to reduce certain part of the pollution to reduce smog. If the hose was pulled off, it made a similar noise. Do you have a vacuum drive smog pump on the motor? Some really old ones were driven by a belt.
I dont know much about it .. what to do to fix this noise ??? Nd why is icoming from oil pressure sender unit area ..
Old 07-24-2014
Registered!!

Anyone else?
i am darn sure ,,, this is coming from this area only ,,, marked with circle in the image ,,,, i checked with the garden hose by listening to the sound ,, aalso checked egr thigs ,, its not from there ,,, its from the circled area ,,, help me jesus ,,,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R18-integrated-manifold.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	86902  
Old 07-24-2014
Registered!!

Is it causing a problem?

Sir now please give me an advise for what to do next .
Old 07-24-2014

Is your noise something you can hear inside the cabin while driving?

Um.... Since I can't tell exactly what noise you are hearing and you seem to show a location that's not a common issue area on that engine (IMO).....I'll say to go to someone that has experience fixing problems.

Visit an authorized Honda dealer that employs techs that have lots of experience (meaning not the oil change rookies).
Demonstrate the noise for the tech.
Ask if this is a noise that should receive further attention --- or is the noise something that is of no dire concern.

While you are at the dealer, check out an identical car and see if it makes the noise too.

HTH
Old 07-25-2014
Registered!!

Is your noise something you can hear inside the cabin while driving?

Um.... Since I can't tell exactly what noise you are hearing and you seem to show a location that's not a common issue area on that engine (IMO).....I'll say to go to someone that has experience fixing problems.

Visit an authorized Honda dealer that employs techs that have lots of experience (meaning not the oil change rookies).
Demonstrate the noise for the tech.
Ask if this is a noise that should receive further attention --- or is the noise something that is of no dire concern.

While you are at the dealer, check out an identical car and see if it makes the noise too.

HTH
okk thnx,,i found smething very interesting here ,,,

almost same noise as mine ,,, this guy,s noise went away after oil change ,, and ya i m also running low on oil ,,,
next week get it done by HASS ,,, can low oil be the reason ??
coz there is no one that can tell me bout dis ,,

Last edited by ankurdabas; 07-25-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2014

and ya i m also running low on oil ,,,
JUSt how low is the oil??

If it is only at the low mark on the dipstick, I wouldn't expect any unusual noise at all.

But if the oil is so low that it is no longer registering on the dipstick, then .....well.....you should have already added oil before it got that low.

I suppose all sorts of bad $$$$ noises can happen if the engine runs out of oil.

can low oil be the reason ??
Take care of the oil and you should have your answer.

Let us know!

HTH
Old 07-26-2014
Registered!!

JUSt how low is the oil??

If it is only at the low mark on the dipstick, I wouldn't expect any unusual noise at all.

But if the oil is so low that it is no longer registering on the dipstick, then .....well.....you should have already added oil before it got that low.

I suppose all sorts of bad $$$$ noises can happen if the engine runs out of oil.

Take care of the oil and you should have your answer.

Let us know!

HTH
hey thnx ,,,,, now i will give my car to HASS for service and some accidental repairs , and willl give my update after a week ,, wish me luck ,,, may b evrythng b sorted out easily ,, BRB in a week ,,, c ya ....
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

can a vacuum leak occur on oil pressure sender ?

here is a video ,, m afraid what it is ,, i m unable to diagnose it .. help me ,

any one plz help me with this noise ,, it is anoying me ,,,

according to my diagnosis its from near oil pressure sender unit ,,, help !!!!!
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice
Re: can a vacuum leak occur on oil pressure sender ?

People have been trying to help you with this on your other post about it, starting a new post just stands to make things more confusing, and annoying.
Old 07-29-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Replace the damn thing already.

It is oil pressure.... no vacuum involved.

I could likely come up with all kinds of noises using a plastic tube and probing around the bay..
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jordan1794
People have been trying to help you with this on your other post about it, starting a new post just stands to make things more confusing, and annoying.
i know man,,, but m loosing cntrol , cnt tolerate it anymore ,,,, help me here ,, plz ,, how come it make noise ,,, m screwed ,,,, and tell me one thing jordan ,, can engine noises reflect from diffrent places in engine ??

nd what do u think bout d noise,,,,
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
Replace the damn thing already.

It is oil pressure.... no vacuum involved.

I could likely come up with all kinds of noises using a plastic tube and probing around the bay..
then how to pin point the noise ???

its intensity is highest there at oil pressure switch ,,
Old 07-29-2014

You haven't changed the oil yet?

The noise is not causing problems?

It's a machine. Machines are allowed to make some noise.
Compare to an identical car identical engine to see if that one makes noise too.

Quick Reply: this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,